COVID-19 (coronavirus) Response
Girls in Politics Initiative and Girls in Business Initiative effective March 10, 2020
We will be following the guidance of the institutions and/or agencies below in making decisions to postpone classes/summer camps on our 2020-2021 schedule until COVID-19 no longer poses a public health risk.
- Local county/district health departments where classes are offered
- Local school boards/districts where classes are offered
- United States Centers for Disease Control
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Public Health England
- Australian Government Department of Health
- If a student is ill the student should remain at home. If a student becomes ill during class or arrives ill, parents will be contacted immediately to pick-up the student. The ill student will be separated from the well students until the student is able to leave.
- Bathroom breaks will be increased allowing students to wash hands more frequently during class.
- Stations with hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes will be available for students in each class.
- All classes will be limited to 25 students until further notice.
- All workspaces will be cleaned by GIP/GIB staff with disinfecting wipes prior to students’ arrivals and after lunch. All poster making materials will be cleaned with disinfectant prior to class and after each class.
- Students will be seated in a classroom set-up, allowing each student ample individual workspace for the duration of class. Hand shaking will be discouraged.
- Each student will receive pencils, a glue stick, scissors and art markers for her individual use during class.