COVID-19 (coronavirus) Response | Updated June 17, 2020
We have adjusted our class/camp schedule and our classroom protocols in response to COVID-19. Beginning in August we will only host in-person classes or camps in thecities below.
Australia | Sydney and Melbourne
Canada | Toronto and Vancouver
United States | Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Denver, Houston, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, Miami FL, New York, Phoenix, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington D.C.
United Kingdom | London
We will follow the guidance of the following institutions and/or agencies in making decisions to postpone classes/summer camps on our 2020-2021 schedule.
- United States Centers for Disease Control
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Public Health England
- Australian Government Department of Health
- Local county/district health departments where classes are offered
- Local school boards/districts where classes are offered
- If a student is ill the student should remain at home. If a student becomes ill during class or arrives ill, parents will be contacted immediately to pick-up the student. The ill student will be separated from the well students until the student is able to leave.
- Bathroom breaks will be increased allowing students to wash hands more frequently during class.
- Stations with hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes will be available for students in each class.
- All classes will be limited to 15 students until further notice.
- All workspaces will be cleaned by GIP/GIB staff with disinfecting wipes prior to students’ arrivals and after lunch. All poster making materials will be cleaned with disinfectant prior to class and after each class.
- Students will bring their lunch and students are required to bring a water bottle which can be refilled by a GIP staffer during class or camp.
- All students and staff will be required to wear a mask during class or camp.
- Students will be seated in a classroom set-up, allowing each student 6ft or 4 sq. meters of individual workspace for the duration of class.
- Each student will receive pencils, a glue stick, scissors and art markers for her individual use during class.
- Handshaking and sharing class materials will be prohibited.